Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

ISRG's latest ER

As I promised to a friend, I was going to analyze Johnson and Johnson tonight but find out that there is no updated balance sheet information. I'll have to wait for 10Q then.

Instead, I'll take a look at the ISRG (a robotic medical device firm) . Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (Intuitive Surgical) is engaged in the designing, manufacturing and marketing of da Vinci Surgical Systems, EndoWrist instruments, and surgical accessories. The da Vinci Surgical System translates the surgeon’s natural hand movements performed on instrument controls at a surgeon’s console into corresponding micro-movements of instruments positioned inside the patient through small incisions, or ports.

The latest quarter seems to show a downward trend for margins and efficiency so I feel the sell-off in after-hours (-5%) is understandable especially after some of the management's remarks on the uncertainty of Japan and Europe during the conference call. You can read some comments here: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN195199120101019?pageNumber=1


The sales  decreased from previous quarter and missed consensus. ISRG has a pretty high P/E ratio at 35. So it's easy for me to be at the sides of the analysts: not buy rating. But since I like its technology I'd like to own it after it has great earnings and better business environment. 


I definitely enjoyed reading "The Big Short..." which is about few fundamental focused guys shorting the housing bubble. Pick it up at your spare time. You won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment